- Sanctuary Officer - Piccaninny Plains
- Special skills / qualifications
- Bachelor in Fine Arts (Hons); Masters in Museum Studies; writer and photographer.
- What did you do before AWC?
- Healthy Waterways Coordinator with Reef Catchments (Mackay Whitsunday) working on water quality improvement to the Barrier Reef.
Between my Fine Arts degree and joining AWC, I had an interesting journey from Art Curator in Sydney, to bush regenerator in Southern NSW, house painter in San Francisco, Land Trust event coordinator in Washington and B&B owner....among other things.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Cuscus - I'm sure it will be when I finally spot one!
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Well I have only been to Piccaninny Plains so far, but love waking up every morning to miles and miles of wild Cape York around us. What a privilege.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- 1. Want to see a narwhal in the cold northern waters.
2. Loved swimming with whale sharks in South Africa.
3. Really enjoying the dingo community on Piccaninny.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Patagonia, Outer Hebrides Islands and Cuba.
- Other interesting stuff
- I established a little micro-finance NGO in Humla, Nepal, 14,500 feet up in the Himalayas on the Tibetan border, providing a way for local Hindu and Chhetri women to make their own money and educate their daughters.