- Special skills / qualifications
- BSc (Hons) Ecology;
PhD in ecology and conservation biology – researching the effects of dingos as trophic regulators in the northern tropics
- What did you do before AWC?
- I have a background in human wildlife conflict and animal behaviour. Before my PhD I lived and worked in Botswana researching human - lion conflict then started a research project studying the behaviour and genetics of the brown hyaena. I also spent my spare time coordinating outreach and educational programs with the local orphanage.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- The beautiful and feisty northern quoll
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Soon to be discovered
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- I would love to see polar bear, mountain gorilla and clouded leopard in the wild
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Antarctica, Madagascar and Romania… can I add more!
- Other interesting stuff
- I once had a lion pee on my tent while I was inside!