- Special skills / qualifications
- BSc (Hons) Ecology;
PhD (ecology, conservation biology & reintroduction biology) - the reintroduction of a previously extinct species, the SA mainland Tammar Wallaby.
- What did you do before AWC?
- I undertook a pretty unique PhD, which reintroduced the South Australian mainland Tammar Wallaby back onto the Australian mainland after it had been thought to be extinct since the early 1930s!
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Generally whatever animal I'm looking at or holding at the time, but I have a soft spot for mammals and geckos. In particular, Western Pygmy Possums, furred Boodie pouch young and smooth Knob-tailed Geckos.
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Sunrise, early morning, late afternoon and sunset brings out the best on every property! I'm forever pinching myself as to how gorgeous my surroundings are. If only a camera could do it justice!
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- I adore the character of otters, the vulnerability of juvenile Western Pygmy Possums, and am yet to see the power of African animals in the wild.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- I love to experience diversity and extremes, from deserts to rainforests and tropical islands, wherever they might be.
- Other interesting stuff
- I love being active, having fun adventures (the more unique the better) and spending quality time with friends/family.. all three simultaneously is ideal!