- Special skills / qualifications
- BSc(Hons) - bird responses to fire in the Mallee
PhD - Spatial ecology of birds and arboreal marsupials following the Black Saturday fires in the Victorian Central Highlands
- What did you do before AWC?
- I have a professional and academic background in spatial ecology, long-term ecological monitoring and fire management. Prior to joining AWC I completed my PhD at the ANU and worked on various long-term monitoring projects in Box-Gum Grassy Woodlands, Mountain Ash forests and River Red Gum floodplain communities. I have previously taught undergraduate conservation biology and statistics, and have published on fire ecology and management in Australia and the US.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Brush-tailed Bettong
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- The Gilgai wetlands in the Pilliga
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Spotted Harrier, Greater Glider, Mallee Emu-Wren
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Southwest Tasmania, Caucasus mountains, Pacific Northwest
- Other interesting stuff
- I once toured Europe with a brass band