- Special skills / qualifications
- Bachelor Science (Biology) (Hons)
PhD in herpetology & parasitology
Shotfirer Rescue Diver
- What did you do before AWC?
- Studied for my PhD and did odd jobs including teaching prac classes to science students at uni, working in a call centre and volunteering for a lot of other projects.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Rough-scaled Python (Morelia carinata)
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- I don’t have a favourite, all the sanctuaries I visit have special places.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Mimic octopus
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Ile Europa; the Congo; Bracken Cave, Texas; Narcisse, Canada.
- Other interesting stuff
- Geckos have self-cleaning, superhydrophobic skin which keeps the setae and spatulae on their adhesive toe pads free from dust and debris so it can maintain molecular level bonds with the surface it is walking on.