- Sanctuary Manager - Paruna
- Special skills / qualifications
- Feral control, fire-fighter, fencer, manager, team member, and leader.
- What did you do before AWC?
- - 32 years in forestry with the Department of Conservation NZ (mainly feral control, fire fighting, marine conservation, marine and alpine surveys, visitor management and manager of a visitor's centre);
- 14 years as a volunteer ambulance officer;
- Dive instructor;
- Helicopter Operations Manager and aerial shooter; and
- Volunteer Search and Rescue including rock-face rescue.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Numbat...and I want some at Paruna!
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Paruna house deck: the view is fabulous!
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Himalayan mountain Tahr, Gorilla and Blue Whale.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- South Westland NZ, Alaska and Canada.
- Other interesting stuff
- Loves: family, friends and hunting.